We are frequently looking for exceptional people to join our team. For specific vacancies please submit your CV quoting the vacancy code shown below. If you wish to apply speculatively and believe you have skills and experience relevant to our business please send us your CV.
Cresset offers an interesting, lively and fun working environment with the emphasis on results and delivering excellent service to our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people equally. All applicants must be in possession of a full, valid EU or US passport or ID with no restrictions and any non-EU/US passport holders must be in possession of a valid work permit and/or visa for the relevant location of each vacancy.
We welcome CVs from individuals. We also welcome submissions from agencies and recruitment consultants. However, agencies should note that our standard terms and conditions are that we will pay a fixed fee of 20% of starting salary, up to a maximum of £10,000.
Product Manager (Computational Chemistry)
Cresset, a leading provider of computational chemistry software and services is looking to recruit a Product Manager based at our head office in Cambridgeshire UK.
Cresset’s innovative range of easy to use desktop and enterprise software, combined with the delivery of outstanding computational chemistry services, has seen consistent double-digit growth over the last five years.
Our global customers include large pharmaceutical companies, large and small biotechs, agrochemical, fragrance and flavour organisations as well as leading academics. We are now looking to strengthen our team with a Product Manager for our desktop computational chemistry applications.
Reporting to the Director of Products, the successful candidate will occupy a central, customer facing role within our organisation. Their drive, vision and enthusiasm will have a major bearing on many aspects of the company with the potential to influence the core scientific research of the company. This will include managing the product lifecycle starting with product definition through approvals, development, release and maintenance, whilst managing the interface between development and marketing.
Key tasks associated with the role:
- product design, delivery and marketing to time and on budget
- input into the design and testing of new software algorithms and interfaces
- management of the new product development process
- development of collateral including presentations, white papers, benchmarks for product or products and their applicability in the context of Cresset’s customer requirements
- input into the technical support of Cresset’s software customers
- communication of all aspects of Cresset science through the marketing department
- international travel to support customers and scientific conferences and exhibitions.
The candidate will ideally be:
- self-motivated, with good communication skills
- have a minimum degree level chemistry
- a confident and knowledgeable scientific presenter
- experienced from working in an industrial computational chemistry team
- knowledge of product management and new product development
- experienced in market research and competitive analysis
- knowledgeable of ligand based and/or structure based design
- able to navigate complex scientific discussions in a friendly and positive manner.
Cresset is a growing company with a track record of success and this product management role is the key to Cresset’s continued success. As Cresset continues to grow, there is the potential to grow your experience and career in a direction that is interesting to you.